'My personal philosophy is to open people's minds to the beauty of our times and the scenes of everyday life around us' - usha

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Kanchi Saree

This is an oil on canvas painting of size 13"x18".


I do love to paint sarees especially heavy silk sarees, which have a fall of their own. Kanchipuram is a small town in South India where this type of heavy silk sarees with real gold borders are hand woven. Hence the name -Kanchi Saree. The Kanchi saree is worn and preserved and passed on from generation to generstion because of its high cost and also because they do not degenerate easily. Yes you guessed right. This saree was passed on to me by my mother. Each saree is a masterpiece creation of the weaver, and I only hoped here to bring out the beauty of the saree.

No comments:

Post a Comment