'My personal philosophy is to open people's minds to the beauty of our times and the scenes of everyday life around us' - usha

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

SMILE PLZ - FACES OF INDIA


Smile Plz - is an oil painting on canvas of size-12"x16". During my recent visit to see my father who is staying in a beautiful village near Madurai in South India, I had equipped myself with a digital camera, to click some great shots of the beautiful sceneries there. But what really struck me was the people themselves rather than the sceneries. The life style there is very slow and leisuely. Nobody is in a hurry to finish their work, nor tensed to get anywhere. They always have a ready smile for visitors, and ever ready to pose for photograhs! I saw this grandma-grandson duo washing clothes, and casually asked for permission to click a photo. They immediately gave brilliant smiles which could match only the sunlight there! I did not have the heart to tell them to give me a natural pose, and so clicked them as they were--that is in their natural themselves! So I was lucky enough to click not just the beautiful sceneries in the village, but the essence and mood of the people there! I am really glad to paint this picture, because I was able to live through the smiles and happy mood of the people as long as I was painting them. I hope the smile has caught on to u too.

No comments:

Post a Comment