'My personal philosophy is to open people's minds to the beauty of our times and the scenes of everyday life around us' - usha

Monday, December 22, 2014

Reves Art Workshop on 'How to paint a still life in acrylics'

I was thrilled when fellow artist and good friend Mrs Rajini Rekha - the proud owner of her own new Art Gallery --'Reve's Art Gallery', requested me to conduct an art workshop, that would be the first activity at her premises. I agreed gladly, and the art workshop on 'Learn to paint a still life in acrylics' took place on the 13th and 14th Dec 2014 at Reves Art Galley.

It was a first time for me too, as I was conducting a workshop for the first time. My previous experience in having conducted regular weekend art class was greatly helpful. What would have taken place in an eight class session had to be imparted in just 2 days, and that was a great challenge to me.

I was pleasantly surprised at the 10 cheerful participants (limited), who were ever so eager and highly absorbent of what ever was imparted, in such a short time. It was a mixed group including IT professionals, doctor, professor, home maker, architect and a even a couple of students from the 7th and 9th grade. They were indeed happy to take back home a self-done, and fully completed still life painting ready to be framed and displayed in their homes. 

Thanks to Mrs Rajini Rekha garu for the lovely experience and the wonderful arrangements including the nourishment that was provided to all, which I enjoyed along with all the participants. 















No comments:

Post a Comment